Fraser Mountain Mural Festival Contest Rules
1) Application and Art must be approved by Fraser PAC (Public Arts Committee).
2) $25 entry fee. Selected artists will receive a $500 stipend upon check-in to help defray their expenses.
3) Must bring own supplies (Primed panels provided by Fraser PAC). Please be prepared for the weather–a vendor tent is strongly recommended.
4) Each Artist must sign in at Check-in before any work begins on Thursday (8/4/2022), 5 PM -7 PM. or Friday before 8 AM.
5) Painting times 9 AM – 6 PM Friday and 9 AM – 4:30 PM Saturday. All painting must be completed by sat 8/6/2022 at 4:30 PM.
6) Paint 8ft x 8ft primed wall. Mural must be painted to edges of primed panel.
7) No projectors or painting during off hours. Stencils OK.
8) This is a competition, competing for awards –
PEOPLE CHOICE AWARDS
1st place $2,500
2nd place $1,300
3rd place $1,000
1st place — $2,500
GRAND PRIZE: ARTIST MURAL COMMISSION AWARD
Judged by Fraser PAC, one artist will win a paid commission mural project working with a local Fraser business. Up to $10,000 for the work, including travel. This work will not have to replicate the mural painted at the event; the muralist, PAC, and business owner will collaborate on the theme for the business mural.
The Fraser PAC does encourage artist to do themed work.
THIS YEAR’S THEME: Art — A force of nature. Earth, wind, water and fire: the elements that challenge our senses. Embracing the natural things that help shape the world around us / our environment.
No profanity or nudity on murals allowed. Please submit a concept and/or sketch.
9) Artist is responsible for lodging.
10) Must be present to win.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 20, 2022