2022 Fraser Mountain Mural Festival – August 5 – 7, 2022!
The 2021 Fraser Mountain Mural Festival is presented by the Town of Fraser and the Fraser Public Arts Committee (Fraser PAC). August 5-7, 2022, artists will compete for awards and recognition, by producing their best work on 8ft x 8ft primed panels.
The Fraser Mountain Mural Festival is a platform for local, front range and national artists to compete for cash prizes as well as generating creative energy and raising awareness for The Fraser Center for Creative Arts.
Art — a force of nature. Earth, wind, water and fire: Embracing the natural things that help shape the world around us / our environment and challenge our senses.
2022 ARTIST CALL FOR ENTRIES IS NOW OPEN
1) Application and Art must be approved by Fraser PAC (Public Arts Committee).
2) $25 entry fee. Selected artists will receive a $500 stipend upon check-in to help defray their expenses.
3) Must bring own supplies (Primed panels provided by Fraser PAC). Please be prepared for the weather–a vendor tent is strongly recommended.
4) Each Artist must sign in at Check-in before any work begins on Thursday (8/4/2022), 3 PM -5 PM. or Friday before 8 AM.
5) Painting times 9 AM – 6 PM Friday and 9 AM – 6 PM Saturday. All painting must be completed by sat 8/6/2022 at 6 PM.
6) Paint 8ft x 8ft primed wall. Mural must be painted to edges of primed panel.
7) No projectors or painting during off hours. Stencils OK.
8) This is a competition, competing for awards –
PEOPLE CHOICE AWARDS
1st place $2,500
2nd place $1,300
3rd place $1,000
1st place — $TBD
GRAND PRIZE: ARTIST MURAL COMMISSION AWARD
Judged by Fraser PAC, one artist will win a paid commission mural project working with a local Fraser business. Up to $10,000 for the work, including travel. This work will not have to replicate the mural painted at the event; the muralist, PAC, and business owner will collaborate on the theme for the business mural.
The Fraser PAC does encourage artist to do themed work.
THIS YEAR’S THEME: Art — A force of nature. Earth, wind, water and fire: the elements that challenge our senses. Embracing the natural things that help shape the world around us / our environment.
No profanity or nudity on murals allowed. Please submit a concept and/or sketch.
9) Artist is responsible for lodging.
10) Must be present to win.
FMMF SCHEDULE 2022:
THURSDAY AUGUST 4TH
Artists check-in and meet & greet
THURSDAY AUGUST 4TH
Mural Bidding Software Opens
FRIDAY, AUGUST 5TH
9:00AM Artists begin painting
SATURDAY, AUGUST 6TH
9:00am painting continues
4:30PM MURALS ARE COMPLETED
6:00PM Award Ceremony/LIVE MUSIC
SUNDAY, AUGUST 7TH
Murals are up and available still for public viewing
5:00pm Online auction closes